Management level positions in many organizations require that you wear multiple hats. Those duties include performing occupational safety and health management activities on a part-time or full-time basis. The CSMP program recognizes people who have attained knowledge of HSE management skills through training and on-the-job experience. CSMP meets employer requirements for career advancement.
With CSMP certification, you demonstrate your well-rounded capabilities and HSE management skills.
CSMP tests working knowledge of business issues and principles as well as understanding of safety related issues such as hazard analysis, accident investigation, safety audits, workers comp, product safety, environmental laws, labor relations, and more.
CSMP is a CESB-accredited certification. The Council on Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) is a self-sustaining independent body, which accredits certification programs that are consistent with sound credentialing practices tailored to the needs of engineering and technology specialties.
ISHM is focused on putting you on the right path to advance your career. We accept various combinations of education and experience, while providing a straight-forward application process. Our Mentoring and Veteran’s Reimbursement programs are intended to provide HSE professionals with resources to be successful.
We want to celebrate your achievements. In 2011, ISHM created the Safety Management Professional of the Year award to recognize safety managers who have had a significant impact on their company’s safety practices, policies and procedures, or who have demonstrated leadership and inspired others to lead. Past winners of the highly esteemed award have represented Border Security, Gaming, Aerospace, and Healthcare industries.
- High School Diploma or GED + 3 years of experience.
- Associate’s Degree in Safety Related Field + 1 year of experience.
- Full time professional safety and health management experience acceptable. Requires position duties with 50% or greater safety and health management related activities.
- Two years of part time experiences with 25% or greater safety and health management activities may be substituted for one full-time year.
- Hold CHST, OHST, CLCS, CAIH, CSS or Safety Certi ficate recognized by ISHM + 2 years of experience.
- Continuance of Certification points must be accumulated over 5 years to maintain certification.
- “Valid Government Issued Identification” is required for Certification.
- EHS Leadership & Commitment (16% of test / 16 questions)
- EHS Planning & Prevention (50% of test / 50 questions)
- Safety, Health & Environmental Operations (18% of test / 18 questions)
- Assessment & Evaluation (16% of test / 16 questions)